Resolved

Update by user Nov 21, 2017

I was refunded by the company after shipping the merchandise back for inspection.

Update by user Nov 21, 2017

11/21/2017: Matter resolved, monitor sent back, and refund deposited. Thank you, Tiger Direct.

Update by user Nov 08, 2017

November 8th 2017 - UPS has taken the monitor back and given me a receipt. Tigerdirect has given me a RA code.

Update by user Nov 08, 2017

November 8th 2017 - called the number they gave, was taken to technical support as if it were just a faulty wire. I want a refund.

Original review posted by user Nov 07, 2017

I am convinced that Tigerdirect is selling broken items on purpose to make some gain on otherwise unsellable goods. Notice that at retail chains like Walmart, employees find broken items, and claims them out saving both company and customer heartache and money.

Not with Tigerdirect, no siree. Broken item? Ship it out and deflect any customer concerns. On November 1st I ordered a monitor (item# 40301010 model# E2798SH order# R4227809) from them.

It's $129.99 + shipping $7.00, great right? Nope. So I get it reasonably fast, I'm not one to harp over order taking two or more weeks. I get it delivered on November 5th, signed for it, and put in the living room.

I carefully opened the box and removed it from the box and put the monitor together (the stand and the cables). Then I placed it on the desk and turned it on--lights up for a few seconds, displaying a HUGE ugly rainbow colored crack in the bottom corner. The glass was okay which is why I didn't think anything was up and that it was in good condition. Boy, was I wrong.

What makes this so bad is that this was a gift for my mother because her old monitor was dying and I wanted to replace it. Wha makes it even worse is that I used to shop with Tigerdirect--HDD, RAM, cables, power supplies, etc. and to have this 129.99 cracked paperweight instead of the monitor I purchased--is really insulting. Things I did: 1- Carefully put the item back into its packaging 2- I contacted Tigerdirect on their website and was told to contact their phone number but in my time zone their call center was closed.

3- Contacted UPS (tracking# 1Z1836920354669634) to make a claim on damaged goods. I will be attempting to contact Tigerdirect today if possible, OR file a changeback with Paypal.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Fast delivery.

I didn't like: Broken item.

Comments