Received an email on February 13, 2014 regarding the following item:
Sceptre 49" 2160p 60Hz UHD LED TV - 3840x2160, HDMI 2.0, 60Hz, HDCP Version 2.2, 3 HDMI, 1 USB 2.0, - U508CV-UMK
Ad clearly states in-store price of $499 plus a $100 rebate. This was an attempt to defraud- the subject line of the email even read "Last Chance for Valentine's Day - 49" 4KTV $399, 9" Tablet $49". When I attempted to chat with representative "Ivan," he repeatedly indicated the rebate ended the 12th, and that the email must've been delayed. Really? Delayed? "Last chance for Valentines Day" sent on February 13th, delayed?
Here is the whole evasive, poorly spelled transcript. Buyer beware.
| 14.02.2015 21:52:14 | Ivan Villas Puli: Hello Mike, my name is Ivan Villas Puli, how may I help you?
| 14.02.2015 21:52:52 | Mike: I received an email showing item KCE-102834407 for $399 after a $100 rebate. But when I click, it shows $599. Please advise.
| 14.02.2015 21:54:49 | Mike: Here is a clip
| 14.02.2015 21:55:04 | Mike: Capture.PNG (Rejected)
| 14.02.2015 21:55:42 | Ivan Villas Puli: Let me check, just for a moment.
| 14.02.2015 21:56:38 | Ivan Villas Puli: The item has a rebate offer but it is already done.
| 14.02.2015 21:56:46 | Mike: The screen capture doesn't seem to be uploading.
| 14.02.2015 21:56:55 | Ivan Villas Puli: Valid Dates: 02/10/15 through 02/12/15 .
| 14.02.2015 21:57:02 | Mike: I just received the email this morning
| 14.02.2015 21:57:31 | Mike: And even if the rebate is done, the ad says your price is $499, not $599.
| 14.02.2015 21:57:45 | Mike: Capture.PNG (https://chat.help.tigerdirect.com/getfile.php?id=a4856bc79b43f2a819b2a9834a2227f9)
| 14.02.2015 21:57:50 | Ivan Villas Puli: The email may be delayed but if it will be for the rebate, it is only valid until February 12.
| 14.02.2015 22:01:58 | Mike: I just received the email this morning
And even if the rebate is done, the ad says your price is $499, not $599.
| 14.02.2015 22:02:19 | Ivan Villas Puli: You can check it on the rebate center page, click it and search using the item number.
| 14.02.2015 22:02:31 | Ivan Villas Puli: It will show you the coverage for the rebate.
| 14.02.2015 22:02:53 | Mike: THIRD TIME IVAN: even if the rebate is done, the ad says your price is $499, not $599.
| 14.02.2015 22:03:26 | Ivan Villas Puli: If the email was delayed, at that time when the rebate was offered, the prize is at $499.00
| 14.02.2015 22:03:46 | Ivan Villas Puli: Now the prize is $599.00 and we cannot lower it down to $499.00
| 14.02.2015 22:04:52 | Ivan Villas Puli: If you will notice as well is an in store prize not an online prize.
| 14.02.2015 22:05:22 | Ivan Villas Puli: The prize or offer at the store can be different from the prize and offer that we have online.
| 14.02.2015 22:06:09 | Mike: I know. i have family in Florida. This is typical false advertising from Tiger. I'll be passing this on to the Better Business Bureau. Good day. http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tiger-direct/miami-florida-33144/tiger-direct-false-advertising-and-refusal-to-correct-the-advertisement-or-the-order-miam-1036873
| 14.02.2015 22:07:30 | Ivan Villas Puli: It is not a false advertising, prizes and offers can change that any given time or opportunity and it is not Tigerdirect who declare those offers or prizes.
| 14.02.2015 22:07:39 | Ivan Villas Puli: They come from the manufacturer.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceptive advertising
- False emails
- Lack of intelligence
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sceptre Led Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I called GE Monogram customer care at 800-444-1845 and scheduled a service call for a fridge that was not working correctly. The fridge cost $8,000 and is..."
- "We ordered a $3000 microwave/oven combo from Abe's of Maine. The oven arrived and the exterior packaging and oven appeared to be undamaged. We removed most of the packaging, and..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "Sofa and chair are both less than five years old. When we purchased our La-Z-Boy, we were told it was 100% real leather. I do not see a real quality..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."