Received an email on February 13, 2014 regarding the following item:
Sceptre 49" 2160p 60Hz UHD LED TV - 3840x2160, HDMI 2.0, 60Hz, HDCP Version 2.2, 3 HDMI, 1 USB 2.0, - U508CV-UMK
Ad clearly states in-store price of $499 plus a $100 rebate. This was an attempt to defraud- the subject line of the email even read "Last Chance for Valentine's Day - 49" 4KTV $399, 9" Tablet $49". When I attempted to chat with representative "Ivan," he repeatedly indicated the rebate ended the 12th, and that the email must've been delayed. Really? Delayed? "Last chance for Valentines Day" sent on February 13th, delayed?
Here is the whole evasive, poorly spelled transcript. Buyer beware.
| 14.02.2015 21:52:14 | Ivan Villas Puli: Hello Mike, my name is Ivan Villas Puli, how may I help you?
| 14.02.2015 21:52:52 | Mike: I received an email showing item KCE-102834407 for $399 after a $100 rebate. But when I click, it shows $599. Please advise.
| 14.02.2015 21:54:49 | Mike: Here is a clip
| 14.02.2015 21:55:04 | Mike: Capture.PNG (Rejected)
| 14.02.2015 21:55:42 | Ivan Villas Puli: Let me check, just for a moment.
| 14.02.2015 21:56:38 | Ivan Villas Puli: The item has a rebate offer but it is already done.
| 14.02.2015 21:56:46 | Mike: The screen capture doesn't seem to be uploading.
| 14.02.2015 21:56:55 | Ivan Villas Puli: Valid Dates: 02/10/15 through 02/12/15 .
| 14.02.2015 21:57:02 | Mike: I just received the email this morning
| 14.02.2015 21:57:31 | Mike: And even if the rebate is done, the ad says your price is $499, not $599.
| 14.02.2015 21:57:45 | Mike: Capture.PNG (https://chat.help.tigerdirect.com/getfile.php?id=a4856bc79b43f2a819b2a9834a2227f9)
| 14.02.2015 21:57:50 | Ivan Villas Puli: The email may be delayed but if it will be for the rebate, it is only valid until February 12.
| 14.02.2015 22:01:58 | Mike: I just received the email this morning
And even if the rebate is done, the ad says your price is $499, not $599.
| 14.02.2015 22:02:19 | Ivan Villas Puli: You can check it on the rebate center page, click it and search using the item number.
| 14.02.2015 22:02:31 | Ivan Villas Puli: It will show you the coverage for the rebate.
| 14.02.2015 22:02:53 | Mike: THIRD TIME IVAN: even if the rebate is done, the ad says your price is $499, not $599.
| 14.02.2015 22:03:26 | Ivan Villas Puli: If the email was delayed, at that time when the rebate was offered, the prize is at $499.00
| 14.02.2015 22:03:46 | Ivan Villas Puli: Now the prize is $599.00 and we cannot lower it down to $499.00
| 14.02.2015 22:04:52 | Ivan Villas Puli: If you will notice as well is an in store prize not an online prize.
| 14.02.2015 22:05:22 | Ivan Villas Puli: The prize or offer at the store can be different from the prize and offer that we have online.
| 14.02.2015 22:06:09 | Mike: I know. i have family in Florida. This is typical false advertising from Tiger. I'll be passing this on to the Better Business Bureau. Good day. http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tiger-direct/miami-florida-33144/tiger-direct-false-advertising-and-refusal-to-correct-the-advertisement-or-the-order-miam-1036873
| 14.02.2015 22:07:30 | Ivan Villas Puli: It is not a false advertising, prizes and offers can change that any given time or opportunity and it is not Tigerdirect who declare those offers or prizes.
| 14.02.2015 22:07:39 | Ivan Villas Puli: They come from the manufacturer.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceptive advertising
- False emails
- Lack of intelligence
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sceptre Led Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "Several attempts were made by email to support to Whitepages to opt out of their website publication of personal information that is inaccurate, and their replies by email attempted to..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."