Bought a touch screen lap top from Tiger Direct online. When it came, we realized it has no touch screen hardware, or that it wasn't functional - in short, the operating system can not find any touch screen hardware.
Used the online chat to try to get an exchange, and was told that "all sales are final", and that they would only credit me, and that I would get an email in 24-48 hours to tell me how to return the laptop to them.
After having to wait for delivery, I'm now going to have to wait for up to 2 days to even know how to send it back to them, and then they probably won't credit me until they get it back and process it. It could be weeks before my money is "freed up" so that I can order a lap top from elsewhere - when the fault is with them - through either false advertising, or a faulty product.
Also - in dealing with their "chat" service - (I have a screen print of their "chat") - the font is so small as to be unreadable, and the size can not be changed. As a senior citizen with poor vision, this is an issue. Even my son could not read the name of the person I was "chatting" with, and he has perfect vision.
This is NOT the first problem with have with this company, and in fact, over the last decade, we've had problems each time we've dealt with them. Each time we've had to contact them, they've refused to take responsibility, for example: for missing proprietary wires on a refurbished desk top ... for 2 day shipping on a lap top which took a month ... etc.
I think people need to realize what they're getting into when dealing a company that sends out faulty products, or products with missing pieces, and then makes it difficult to deal with them once the customer is faced with the problem. They even refuse to take any responsibility at all (all sales final since Dec 24, 2015), and the customer is left with their money tied up in products that don't work.
See the article at http://consumerist.com/2015/12/28/tigerdirect-has-new-owner-wont-accept-returns/ for more information.
Look out for these people! They are not a good place to do do business with if what you're ordering is something you really need, and need in a timely way.
Note - graphic shows the ACTUAL size of the font in the "chat window", and it was not possible to change it in the browser. This would make utilization impossible for many people, especially the elderly.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Return policy
- Product quality
- Lack of timeliness
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Lenovo Thinkpad E550
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought the headphone ATH-ANC7b one year ago by the amazon website. Nowadays the ear protection of synthetic leather showed problems, started to lose the seam. How I'm from brazil,..."
- "Quoted £70 on their website for phone repair. Spoke to a chap on the phone about booking phone in. Mentioned the problem to the guy over the phone so he..."
- "I guess I will be the odd man out here, I have been a customer of Dell for over 14 years. The most recent technicians they have snet out in..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "This place *** suck , the manager as yet to return my calls and when I go to the office she is to busy to talk. I reported i have..."
- "We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't..."
- "My brother and I stayed in Edgewood, MD from 5/20/16 to 5/21/16 in room 240. I have never experienced such a filthy place. I took pictures because I..."
- "...Out of nowhere, I woke up with an incredible itchy, blotchy rash, pics attached. I went to immediate care and..."