Bought a touch screen lap top from Tiger Direct online. When it came, we realized it has no touch screen hardware, or that it wasn't functional - in short, the operating system can not find any touch screen hardware.
Used the online chat to try to get an exchange, and was told that "all sales are final", and that they would only credit me, and that I would get an email in 24-48 hours to tell me how to return the laptop to them.
After having to wait for delivery, I'm now going to have to wait for up to 2 days to even know how to send it back to them, and then they probably won't credit me until they get it back and process it. It could be weeks before my money is "freed up" so that I can order a lap top from elsewhere - when the fault is with them - through either false advertising, or a faulty product.
Also - in dealing with their "chat" service - (I have a screen print of their "chat") - the font is so small as to be unreadable, and the size can not be changed. As a senior citizen with poor vision, this is an issue. Even my son could not read the name of the person I was "chatting" with, and he has perfect vision.
This is NOT the first problem with have with this company, and in fact, over the last decade, we've had problems each time we've dealt with them. Each time we've had to contact them, they've refused to take responsibility, for example: for missing proprietary wires on a refurbished desk top ... for 2 day shipping on a lap top which took a month ... etc.
I think people need to realize what they're getting into when dealing a company that sends out faulty products, or products with missing pieces, and then makes it difficult to deal with them once the customer is faced with the problem. They even refuse to take any responsibility at all (all sales final since Dec 24, 2015), and the customer is left with their money tied up in products that don't work.
See the article at http://consumerist.com/2015/12/28/tigerdirect-has-new-owner-wont-accept-returns/ for more information.
Look out for these people! They are not a good place to do do business with if what you're ordering is something you really need, and need in a timely way.
Note - graphic shows the ACTUAL size of the font in the "chat window", and it was not possible to change it in the browser. This would make utilization impossible for many people, especially the elderly.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Return policy
- Product quality
- Lack of timeliness
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Lenovo Thinkpad E550
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- "I purchased a Microsoft Office Suite from TigerDirect.com and received the product today, 08/31/2011. The manufacturer's seal on the case had been broken which shows that the product had previously..."
- "The tech's advice about repairing a 5-yr old iMac is "junk it". They expect a 5-yr old product to fail and have designed the case to be prohibitively expensive to..."
- "How the arrangement was suppose to look was stunning with a zen feel to it and I was super excited when I found it! My new co-worker received it today..."
- "My brother and I stayed in Edgewood, MD from 5/20/16 to 5/21/16 in room 240. I have never experienced such a filthy place. I took pictures because I..."
- "I came across his resume online:http://www.indeed.com/r/bc990602143907d2Every word of it is nothing but lies. I have checked out his references and was told that every time he was at work he..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "I made a purchased from billet tech a couple years ago and when I wrote a review online in my group mentioning the lies I was given and the extra..."