Bought a touch screen lap top from Tiger Direct online. When it came, we realized it has no touch screen hardware, or that it wasn't functional - in short, the operating system can not find any touch screen hardware.
Used the online chat to try to get an exchange, and was told that "all sales are final", and that they would only credit me, and that I would get an email in 24-48 hours to tell me how to return the laptop to them.
After having to wait for delivery, I'm now going to have to wait for up to 2 days to even know how to send it back to them, and then they probably won't credit me until they get it back and process it. It could be weeks before my money is "freed up" so that I can order a lap top from elsewhere - when the fault is with them - through either false advertising, or a faulty product.
Also - in dealing with their "chat" service - (I have a screen print of their "chat") - the font is so small as to be unreadable, and the size can not be changed. As a senior citizen with poor vision, this is an issue. Even my son could not read the name of the person I was "chatting" with, and he has perfect vision.
This is NOT the first problem with have with this company, and in fact, over the last decade, we've had problems each time we've dealt with them. Each time we've had to contact them, they've refused to take responsibility, for example: for missing proprietary wires on a refurbished desk top ... for 2 day shipping on a lap top which took a month ... etc.
I think people need to realize what they're getting into when dealing a company that sends out faulty products, or products with missing pieces, and then makes it difficult to deal with them once the customer is faced with the problem. They even refuse to take any responsibility at all (all sales final since Dec 24, 2015), and the customer is left with their money tied up in products that don't work.
See the article at http://consumerist.com/2015/12/28/tigerdirect-has-new-owner-wont-accept-returns/ for more information.
Look out for these people! They are not a good place to do do business with if what you're ordering is something you really need, and need in a timely way.
Note - graphic shows the ACTUAL size of the font in the "chat window", and it was not possible to change it in the browser. This would make utilization impossible for many people, especially the elderly.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Return policy
- Product quality
- Lack of timeliness
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Lenovo Thinkpad E550
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "-Diagnosed bad motherboard needed to be replaced by highly trained ET (With my limited knowledge,I was better qualified than these people)-ET wiped drive clean and installed new Home Premium OS..."
- "I purchased ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EXTREME Motherboard and received a wrong item. same brand motherboard but different model. contacted customer service about this, emailed pictures of the item and..."
- "Very bad customer service!! We recently bought a new 2016 Autumn ridge camper from Camping world of Chichester, NH in December . They day we picked up our camper we..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "I brought in my grandmother's wedding ring (it's over 90 years old, she passed away, so this is all I have left from her) on July 18 to the store..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Sent for a WHITE CAL-KING comforter with an order# confirmation 10/11/16. On 10/18/16 received my order. It was BURGUNDY and had a different order# but still had my name and..."