Bought a touch screen lap top from Tiger Direct online. When it came, we realized it has no touch screen hardware, or that it wasn't functional - in short, the operating system can not find any touch screen hardware.

Used the online chat to try to get an exchange, and was told that "all sales are final", and that they would only credit me, and that I would get an email in 24-48 hours to tell me how to return the laptop to them.

After having to wait for delivery, I'm now going to have to wait for up to 2 days to even know how to send it back to them, and then they probably won't credit me until they get it back and process it. It could be weeks before my money is "freed up" so that I can order a lap top from elsewhere - when the fault is with them - through either false advertising, or a faulty product.

Also - in dealing with their "chat" service - (I have a screen print of their "chat") - the font is so small as to be unreadable, and the size can not be changed. As a senior citizen with poor vision, this is an issue. Even my son could not read the name of the person I was "chatting" with, and he has perfect vision.

This is NOT the first problem with have with this company, and in fact, over the last decade, we've had problems each time we've dealt with them. Each time we've had to contact them, they've refused to take responsibility, for example: for missing proprietary wires on a refurbished desk top ... for 2 day shipping on a lap top which took a month ... etc.

I think people need to realize what they're getting into when dealing a company that sends out faulty products, or products with missing pieces, and then makes it difficult to deal with them once the customer is faced with the problem. They even refuse to take any responsibility at all (all sales final since Dec 24, 2015), and the customer is left with their money tied up in products that don't work.

See the article at http://consumerist.com/2015/12/28/tigerdirect-has-new-owner-wont-accept-returns/ for more information.

Look out for these people! They are not a good place to do do business with if what you're ordering is something you really need, and need in a timely way.

Note - graphic shows the ACTUAL size of the font in the "chat window", and it was not possible to change it in the browser. This would make utilization impossible for many people, especially the elderly.

Review about: Lenovo Thinkpad E550.

I didn't like: Return policy, Product quality, Lack of timeliness.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Tigerdirect?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion