Tigerdirect - Tiger Direct pricing is totally bogus

217 of 253 Tigerdirect reviews

Very disappointing.I receive an e-mail from Tiger Direct that has an SDHC memory card on sale for a terrific price.

Within two hours of receiving the e-mail, I try to purchase the memory card - I put 6 in my cart to purchase, then find an external hard drive to add to the purchase. Then I notice the cards are not the correct price - they are $11.99, not the sale price of $5.99. I use online chat, they say I must call in the order. I call in and am told it was a typo and that they will sell me one card at that price, not the 6 that I initially wanted to purchase for an upcoming trip.

Baloney. So, Tiger Direct lost the sale that would have been about $110, and have permanently lost a customer.

Then, within the hour, an ad for Tiger Direct pops up on my Yahoo homepage offering the same SDHC card for $8.99. When you click on the ad and go to the Tiger Direct homepage, you see the product is $9.99.

This is pretty typical bait and switch, or the company really has absolutely no clue what it is doing.Either way, my decision to never trade with them again seems well justified.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
217 of 253 Tigerdirect reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Tigerdirect. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Tigerdirect.
Filing a new complaint about
×