I purchased a copy of Windows 7 Professional Retail from TigerDirect. This is the full version that includes both 32bit and 64bit DVDs. Before it even arrives, I received an email telling me that they were not sending me what I ordered. Instead, they sent me a 32bit OEM version without Microsoft support. In this email, TigerDirect support tries to convince that all versions of Windows 7 are the same:

"In regard to your recent order: Z#######, we would like to inform you that the Operating System you ordered is the OEM version and not the Retail version. It is the same operating system but what you will receive is the operating disc in an envelope instead of the retail box. We're sorry the detailed specs on our website did not include the specific version. We uploaded all the information as we received it from the manufacturer, and have now realized that the OEM specification was missing.

The rest of the specs are correct, so if you were not looking for a specific OS version there's no action to be taken. On the other hand, if you would prefer to have the full retail version please refuse the shipment upon arrival. It will be returned to our warehouse for a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, and we appreciate your business."

I emailed them immediately and told them this was not satisfactory but they continued to make excuses and claimed they were not responsible for advertising "Windows 7 Professional Full Retail " but then shipping me an OEM Windows 7 32bit, which is not even supported by Microsoft. This is fraud. I will be filing complaints this week with the BBB and the FTC.

Had an Experience with Tigerdirect?

Comments