Horrific experience with their online customer service.BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE GIFT CARDS AS REFUNDS.

I got a gift card after a return several months ago. I went to check the balance and the service gives me no information at all (https://www.tigerdirect.com/secure/gc/bi.asp). Tried chatting for support and after 15 minutes, the guy tells me I have to call 1-800-800-8300, spent 23 minutes waiting until someone in India tells me she is unable to check balances that she needs to contact her manager, she redirected me and then hold for another 5 minutes and THEY DROPPED the call. Called again and waited over 30 minutes when finally gave up.

Then tried with the spanish speaking line and again, at 25 minutes on hold just gave up. Then emailed them with the problem, they kept replying with filling questions like "You said it was given after a refund. What type of refund, is it for a returned/defective item ?"... after carefully replying with the issue, I finally received an email with no solution saying "There is no problem.

We have different kind of gift cards for certain refund. But to further assists you , dont hesitate to call our customer service department at 1-888-9998800 Sincerely, Melissa"

So at this moment am still unable to get information on the balance... basically a loop with no solution to keep your money.

I honestly can say this is the worst customer service I ever had to dealt with.

I WOULD AVOID THIS PEOPLE, THEY SELL CHEAP BY CUTTING ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TRICKING CUSTOMERS.

Review about: Tigerdirect Gift Card.

Comments

I bought several gift cards from them, and used them to make a purchase online, and then the remaining balance is gone. Terrible online chat experience. Wish I have seen this article earlier.

to Anonymous Fremont, California, United States #1128202

I have exactly the same experience. I got a gift card ($40) for a return and was never able to use it. It always says invalid.