In March 2014, I ordered $8,748.81 worth of furniture and paid using Bitcoin. After 2 months of emails telling me my order would be shipped "soon", I received an email telling me they canceled my order because ALL of the items I ordered were out of stock and would not be restocked.

It took them over 2 MONTHS to figure out they were out of stock for all the items I ordered! According to the policies posted on their site, if I cancel the order, I would get a gift card instead of a refund. I did NOT cancel this order, tigedirect canceled this order! Therefore, I requested a refund of the exact amount I paid.

I sent 6 messages requesting a refund, NONE of them were ever answered! After several weeks, in June of 2014, I received, via email, "gift cards" totaling $7,321.42, NOT the $8,748.81 I paid!

It took them 3 months to get the "gift cards" to me and they were for $1,426.42 LESS than what I paid!!! Just to clarify, the price of Bitcoin was HIGHER in June than it was when the order was placed back in March, making what I paid in Bitcoin worth even more than the original $8,748.81 that I paid!

Review about: Tigerdirect Gift Card.

Comments

Screwed me over too. Finally contacted the BBB in South Florida and found out I was not alone.

They got me for about $70.00 by adding a false charge and having their phone answers acknowledge it was false but just made up some bogus thing they said I was owed, which was totally untrue and only half the amount they owed me.

I have bought computer parts from several companies over the last 25 years and will not deal with them ever again. I hope this serves to dissuade others before their loss.

Maury
College Station, Texas, United States #857391

That sounds frustrating indeed. I've made sever purchases off of tigerdirect so far with bitcoin but haven't had any problems. I hope they reach out to you and make it right.

- Maury