I purchased a television which included a 3d starter kit.the total price was 1799.98 plus shipping.

3 days later I went back to the web site and found another bundle that included the same TV and starter kt but added a basic blue ray DVD player for 1699.98 100 dollars less. I called the customer service department and spoke with one of those telephone answering people that is pretty tired of his job. You know the type. He just wanted to get you off the call as soon as possible.

I tried to explain to him that all I wanted was to match the price. He gave me an excuse that the computer would not allow an adjustment on the price. He was unable to do anything so I asked for his manager. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes.

I went and made breakfast while I waited. The manager finally came on and he sounded like he was hearing people complain all day. Of course. That's his job.

I explained my situation to him. He gave me the impression that he felt that I was trying to pull a fast one or to get away with something other than what I had called for. I only wanted to get the current price and the current special. He told me that the manufacturer was the one who dictated the current price through rebates to the retailer and not Tiger Direct.

If that's the case then Tiger Direct does nothing to protect the consumer me. I don't know if anyone will read this. Maybe someone will. I will never make a purchase from this company.

I'm not righting this because I need them to give me any money.I just want them to do whats right.

Review about: Tigerdirect Shipping Service.

Had an Experience with Tigerdirect?

Comments

terrysmoose13

I order a lot of things of tigerdirect and they have always been very good to me. I think you just got a person that did not want to deal with it. As for all the people above that had a sarcastic remark about spelling we are not all perfect. And as for those that say that Miamorcito363 was wrong, read what tigerdirect had to say.

6. Written by Tigerdirect Customer Service on November 29, 2011 from miami, florida, US

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional experience that goes beyond the customer’s expectations. We regret that we did not meet yours. Please, send your order number to comments@syx.com and we will do our best to resolve this matter. Thank you for your patience.

Regards, TD Customer Service

Grammer police out in full force.I don't buy from Tiger Direct so I don't know their sales policy.

Most retailers including those large internet retailers have a 30 day price gaurantee. This case was not like item for like item; the lower price also included a blue ray DVD. If the buyer only wanted the lower price, it should have been done on the first call. However, at times it's not as it sounds.

The manufacture along with the retailer may have a special SKU for the new bundle.

The retailer may receive a kickback from the manufacture on the new SKU during it's onsale period.It is likely that Tiger, if it chooses to refund the buyer, will have to eat the cost, unless the buyer returns his purchase and then buys the new bundle.

You got what you ordered and paid for.What are you complaining about ?

If I buy something from you but find it cheaper at walmart are you going to give me a refund?NO !

Of course it isn't really the same bundle if there is another itme in it, is it?

B.A. Badax

The same thing happened to me with X Box years ago.When the manufacture sets the sale price that's when you need to buy it.

Even if you bought it one day before sale. You can check return policies about returning the one you paid for at the higher price.

But then you run into shipping costs and the hassles at the post office during their busiest season.It's a pain but that's retail sales.

To learn to spell.

Honer: one who hones. A tool used to hone.

Oh by the way, It's not its.

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional experience that goes beyond the customer’s expectations.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards, TD Customer Service

Its "HONOR" not "Honer". There is no such word as honer.

They're not obligated to match any prices. Retailers change their prices all the time. What you're paying for an item one day is not the price they may be offering it for the next day.

Manufacturers offer free items/rebates from time to time. Most of your major companies that make goods that are sold at a variety of outlets set their own pricing to protect smaller dealers from companies the size of say, Best Buy, who have the ability to buy the items in bulk at a lower cost and then sell them cheaper and still make the same profit. What you should have done was cancel or return the item you ordered and order the new bundle.

Also, HONOR, THEIR, WRITING